The Think 20 Summit Berlin: GLOBAL SOLUTIONS
To mark Germany’s G20 Presidency in 2017, the Think 20 Summit will take place in Berlin on May 29-30, in association with the Global Economic Symposium having GLOBAL SOLUTIONS as its motto.
- will deliver relevant, applicable policy recommendations for G20 leaders following the successful pattern of the GES. In an adapted format and in cooperation with both existing and new partners, it will pursue a time-tested approach to formulate research-based, action-oriented policies and business strategies designed to tackle global problems.
- is mandated by the German G20 Presidency. Our goal: 20 Global Solutions for the G20, in addition to further Recommendations and Visions.
- will focus on G20 topics, such as the digital economy, climate policy and finance, or migration and refugees and convey Recommendations and Visions by the newly established Task Forces to international policy-makers.
- will be chaired by Dennis J. Snower, President of the Kiel Institute for the World Economy and GES founder, and Dirk Messner, Director of the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik, DIE, who co-chair the T20 think tank engagement group for the German G20 presidency.
- draws on the excellent intellectual network of the GES and the Council of Global Problem-Solving, bringing together the world’s leading G20 thinkers. Following the GES approach it will connect influential policy thinkers and makers from think tanks, academia, government, business, and international organizations, all striving for tangible solutions.
- is research-based, independent, focusing on facts, knowledge and hands-on experience. State-of-the-art research underpins all the sessions.
- is organized by the Kiel Institute in cooperation with the DIE, the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) and the conference department of Tagesspiegel Publishing (part of D.v. Holtzbrinck Media - “Die Zeit”, “Handelsblatt”, “WirtschaftsWoche”).
- will continue to accompany the G20 process informally beyond 2017, through an annual symposium in Berlin under the motto "GLOBAL SOLUTIONS," to be chaired by Dennis J. Snower and organized by the Kiel Institute and its partners.
Conference Website: www.global-solutions.international